Hinnerk van Bruinehsen wrote:

If I recall correctly, it took me at least three or four web sites and the man page to get dracut to work. This is something that needs to be worked on hugely before this goes to much farther. Gentoo doesn't need to lose its status on the docs. I tried to follow the Gentoo doc and it would not even boot. I tried everything I could find but it still didn't work. Out of date, maybe. I dunno. It just didn't work for me. Thing is, my current setup doesn't even need one. I plan to have a separate /usr on LVM as soon as I can get me one more large drive. I'll have to have one then.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"