On 07/14/2012 03:21 AM, Olivier Crête wrote:
> Seriously, mdev is a just a bad and now useless hack, it does nothing
> more than using devtmpfs. You do not need udev for a very simple system.
> If you system is a bit more complicated, than udev is what you want. It
> works fine on millions of shipping devices.
>
> And on any new embedded platform, one should seriously think about using
> systemd too. It is very lean, replaces most of the giant, unmaintainable
> shellscripts that you find in many devices with smaller compiled code,
> and was designed to be a good fit for embedded devices.

Last time I looked at systemd it was anything that lean.

Obviously you can say that if you already need dbus and glib and ...
${systemd_deplist} it doesn't count.

Likewise if you are already using busybox it comes with a quite rich shell.

Most depends on what you consider embedded.

lu

--

Luca Barbato
Gentoo/linux