> I've created licenses/HPND [1] now, and added it to the @OSI-APPROVED
> group. So packages whose license matches this template can be changed
> from as-is to HPND. (And please, _only_ OSD-compliant packages.
> We don't want the same mess again, as we have with as-is.)

> [1] <http://sources.gentoo.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/gentoo-x86/licenses/HPND>

Coming back to this. We've continued discussion in the licenses team,
and the conclusion was that as-is should be deprecated. Therefore,
a repoman warning for deprecated licenses has been added (and will
become active with one of the next Portage releases), along with a
new @DEPRECATED license group. See Bug 440638 for details.

So please don't use as-is for new packages, and consider moving
existing packages away from it.

We're down from 679 packages (in September) to 600 today. Especially,
there should be no more as-is in the system set and on our release
media.

Ulrich