On 01/12/2012 20:50, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
> And most people don't even know that metadata.xml exists.

But I do expect them to know `equery uses` like Dustin said. The fact
that some flags are not clearly described in metadata.xml is another
problem.

> In my previous message, I said, "but you shouldn't use yourself
> as the bar against which you measure everyone else." You've countered
> with a list of things that you personally know and do, and therefore (as
> they've become commonplace to you) expect everyone else to know and do.

It should be one of the first things you learn about Gentoo. And it
doesn't really seem to be something that is irresponsible to ask from
people.

Again, I'm not disagreeing with having a news item, and especially not
against replacing IUSE=minimal with something more explicit, but I do
disagree with the concept that we should triple-check each bullet to
make sure it's blank, because people point them at their groin and shoot.

--
Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
flamee...@flameeyes.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/