On 12/18/2012 01:33 PM, Diego Elio Pettenò wrote:
> No /var/gentoo. No /var/repositories.
>
> /var/db/gentoo, /var/db/repositories, /var/cache/portage ... as long as
> Zac is fine with one whatever, but let's not invent any new top-level.

Yeah, /var/db or /var/cache sounds good to me.

I would encourage all those interested to coordinate with the catalyst
developers to have the new defaults written in the make.conf that it
generates. Having the new defaults explicitly recorded there does not
require any changes to portage (though I will bring portage's internal
defaults into sync as soon as possible). Also, I think it might help
avoid confusion for users if they are able to see the new defaults
explicitly recorded in make.conf (as opposed to
/usr/share/portage/config/make.globals which is somewhat obscure).
--
Thanks,
Zac