Am Donnerstag, 17. Januar 2013, 14:57:16 schrieb Ben de Groot:

> After some initial bikeshedding we came to the conclusion that naming
> the category simply "qt" is the most elegant solution. We will then
> also be dropping the qt- prefix in package names. This means
> x11-libs/qt-core will be moved to qt/core, and so on.

Please don't.

This is not about standards, but about consistency. About everyone else uses
the two-part category-names witha-dash. Why can't you? It is what I would
immediately expect, instead of a "hyper-toplevel" "qt".

My suggestion would be qt-base (analogous to kde-base, gnome-base, gnustep-
base, lxde-base, and xfce-base) for everything that is part of the main Qt
release.

--

Andreas K. Huettel
Gentoo Linux developer