On 29 January 2013 03:30, Pacho Ramos <pa...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> El lun, 28-01-2013 a las 14:37 +0800, Ben de Groot escribió:
>> I've started using this eclass, but with README files, not the variable,
>> because this is currently the only way I can make sure it honours my
>> formatting.
>>

> Couldn't it be covered if "echo -e" was used (even with fmt) and you,
> then, control formatting with some of the sequences it allows (they are
> shown in its man page)?

No. The eclass should assume that DOC_CONTENTS is already correctly
formatted. If you must, you can add a convenience function for people
who do want reformatting, but this should NOT be the default. Please
don't make this eclass harder to use than it needs to be.

--
Cheers,

Ben | yngwin
Gentoo developer
Gentoo Qt project lead, Gentoo Wiki admin