On 5/26/13 2:08 PM, Michał Górny wrote:
You could've asked me that when I was still using OpenRC. I don't
really want to grep the 40 scripts right now, and I don't think I have
the worse cases installed here.

Worth investigation, not by you, but those that loathe systemd should have a look and see if they could fix some.

For your needs probably just pivoting a symlink should work almost fine,
as long your stay sysvinit compatible, yet doing that as early init or
as post kill-all should work better even in your case.

Well, you're transforming a simple idea with potentially relatively
wide audience into a horror story with a single user.

Hopefully not =) I just stated what's the problem and the possible solutions. As said from start I want the whole thing to be an opt-in and to cause the least amount of disruption on current setups.

Patching sysvinit and bb-init to accept a "-c <filename>" would make the whole thing much simpler if we pick a wrapper solution for my most complex case.

lu