On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 15:56:53 +0700
"Vadim A. Misbakh-Soloviov" <m...@mva.name> wrote:
> Sometimes I find myself in a situation, when I need to use both
> RESTRICT=fetch for the main distfile and allow fetch for additional
> ones (langpacks, extensions and so on).
> Sometimes it is even impossible to split that additions into separate
> package, since they might want to replace some file (for example, Dear
> Esther's translations).
>
> So, in that case, I think,  it'd be useful to change SRC_URI
> behaviour a bit:
>
> for example:
>
> SRC_URI="
>       restrict://dearesther-linux-06082013-bin #fetch restrict
>       linguas_ru?
> ( http://www.dear-esther.com/translations/DE_Russian.rar )
> linguas_hu?
> ( http://www.dear-esther.com/translations/DE_Hungarian.rar )
> linguas_hu2?
> ( http://www.dear-esther.com/translations/DE_Hungarian2.rar ) "
> Alternatively it can be even:
>
> SRC_URI="
>       restrict+http://foo.bar/moo-123.run # mirror-restrict or
> specifying a link for fetch-restrict (like for oracle-jdk)

Syntax-wise, one of the proposals for dealing with the explosion of
*DEPEND variables is a single variable plus labels. The same syntax
could be used here, so you'd do:

    SRC_URI="http://blah/blah restrict: http://blah/other";

and so on, with the usual parentheses for restricting scope of labels.

--
Ciaran McCreesh