On Sun, Jun 23, 2013 at 5:30 PM, Pavlos Ratis <daster...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Except from a camera and a microphone requirement is a Google account and
> www-client/google-talkplugin package which is already in the tree.

Or a modern smartphone with the relevant app. Personally, I have
neither a camera nor mic attached to my personal workstation at home,
and I'm certainly not going to do a video conference from my desk at
work.

> It would be great to have teams introduce themselves and inform users in a
> more interactive way how to contribute and answer their questions. Finally as
> I said different other topics could be covered in this calls.

If someone wants to organize something, I might try it out just for a
laugh. I don't really see it being too useful for getting actual work
done, however.

For me, IRC works if I need to have an interactive discussion;
otherwise, email is sufficient.