On 03/09/2013 23:00, Magnus Granberg wrote:
> tisdag 03 september 2013 22.41.14 skrev  Alan McKinnon:
>> I *do* like colorized text on my terminal, but I do believe we ought to
>> keep defaults sane - the minimum that could possibly work. Everything
>> extra should be optional
>
> What about NOCOLOR="false" in make.conf see man make.conf for more info.
> /Magnus

That affects terminal output too.

It does not seem desirable to force terminal and logs to always have the
same setting. To my mind the sane approach would be individual config
settings for both with sane defaults.

But, and here's the catch, that then means one can't simply tee output
to two places. There would have to be two output threads. This seems
like a LOT of work to implement

--
Alan McKinnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com