On 29 September 2013 08:51, Ciaran McCreesh
<ciaran.mccre...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> The only reason anyone can make that claim is that no-one really knows
> what slot dictionaries are or how they'd work in practice. Until
> there's a rough description of how they work and a prototype
> implementation, "subslot dictionaries" is like "magic beans".

Indeed, but I can basically say without looking at such a competing
strategy, that as insane as the prototype may be in practise, it would be
grossly preferable to have that mechanic as an internal dependency control
mechanism, instead of something that more-or-less amounts to enumerating
the contents of a large package ( perl ), and essentially converting all
the file names in that package to a distinct USE_EXPAND useflag, and then
basically making them *ALL* on by default and having to tell users "Don't
turn them off unless you're smart/stupid!".

That'd be like shooting somebody in the head as a cure for cancer.

--
Kent