On Wed, Nov 27, 2013 at 10:56 PM, Paul B. Henson <hen...@acm.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 09:36:38PM +0100, Peter Stuge wrote:
>> Paul B. Henson wrote:
>> > In openntpd ebuilds starting with version  20080406-r3, logging was changed
>> > from using the default standard syslog to running the daemon in debug mode,
>> > logging to stderr, and having start_stop_daemon background the process
>> > itself and redirect the output to a log file.
>> >
>> > I think this is broken.
>>
>> Yes, I think it is really f-ing broken too.
>
> Well, looks like it's just you and me in that camp :(, quite
> disappointing no other devs stepped up with an opinion on this. Guess
> I'll just fix this in my local overlay and the rest of the users can
> fend for themselves.

Did anybody actually talk to the maintainer about this and ask why
this was done?  That would probably be a good first step if you want
it to change.  Having 47 devs agree with you doesn't really accomplish
much if none of them care to maintain the package in question.

Also, you can always publish your overlay.  :)

Rich