On Tue, 14 Jan 2014 19:17:35 -0500
"Anthony G. Basile" <bluen...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 01/14/2014 07:06 PM, Andreas K. Huettel wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 15. Januar 2014, 00:49:28 schrieb Tom Wijsman:

> >> In this situation, I see three opposite ends of choices:
> >>
> > Here's another idea:
> >
> > 4. Friendly ask the arch teams / make a policy that @system
> > packages come first.
> >
> > (maybe these stable requests could be marked "major" in bugzilla
> > then?)
> >

> Actually that's a very good idea.  In fact, since those are the
> critical packages we can have the arch teams focus on them, and allow
> more relax policies of stabilization on less critical packages.

Besides allowing certain packages to be set a higher policy, we could
also recommend that maintainers lower it if needed; for example:

    If I want to stabilize some plugin, it doesn't really have to be
    put "Normal" you know; I wouldn't bother it to be "Enhancement".

--
With kind regards,

Tom Wijsman (TomWij)
Gentoo Developer

E-mail address  : tom...@gentoo.org
GPG Public Key  : 6D34E57D
GPG Fingerprint : C165 AF18 AB4C 400B C3D2  ABF0 95B2 1FCD 6D34 E57D