Dnia 2014-09-15, o godz. 07:21:35
Patrick Lauer <patr...@gentoo.org> napisał(a):

> On Sunday 14 September 2014 15:42:15 hasufell wrote:
> > Patrick Lauer:
> > >
> > > Is that going to be sane with our commit frequency?
> >
> > You have to merge or rebase anyway in case of a push conflict, so the
> > only difference is the method and the effect on the history.
> >
> > Currently... CVS allows you to run repoman on an outdated tree and push
> > broken ebuilds with repoman being happy. Git will not allow this.
>
> iow, git doesn't allow people to work on more than one item at a time?
>
> That'd mean I need half a dozen checkouts just to emulate cvs, which somehow
> doesn't make much sense to me ...

I'd appreciate if you reduced FUD to minimum.

What hasufell meant is that you normally don't have three year-old
files lying around in checkout because you did 'cvs up -dP' in another
directory. With git, you update everything.

What you do locally, is totally unrelated.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny