Daniel Campbell:
> As a prospective Gentoo developer, having a guide around meant
> specifically for Gentoo's practices would be incredibly helpful. I use
> git in my own hobby development and learned from Pro Git, et al, but
> it'd still be really nice to have, and give developers a place to
> point to if a new developer is having troubles.
>
> Just my 2¢.

First draft and only the basic ebuild workflow.

1. do the work (including removing files)

2. run 'repoman manifest'

3. stage files via 'git add <files>' (including removed ones)

4. run 'repoman full' and check for errors
=> if errors occur, fix them and continue from point 2

5. commit files via 'repoman commit -m "<message>"'

6. push to the dev repository via 'git push origin master'
=> if updates were rejected because of non-fast-forward push, try 'git
pull --rebase=preserve origin master' first, then run 'repoman full' and
continue from point 6.

NOTE: you may skip running repoman another time if you have manually
verified that the commits you are missing are totally unrelated to your
work (e.g. only affect a package that is not in the dependency chain of
yours). You can do so via: 'git diff $(git merge-base master
remotes/origin/master) remotes/origin/master'

==> if 'git pull --rebase=preserve origin master' fails or yields
complicated conflicts, continue with a regular merge (you might have to
abort the rebase via 'git rebase --abort' first): 'git merge
remotes/origin/master'

===> if merge conflicts occur, fix them via 'git mergetool' and continue
from point 2.

===> if no merge conflicts occur, run 'repoman full' and continue from
point 6.

TODO: guide for merging user pull requests