On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 11:00:32AM -0400, Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 12:31 PM, W. Trevor King wrote:
> > On Wed, Sep 10, 2014 at 04:18:40PM +0200, Michał Górny wrote:
> >>
> >> 4. A mail alias that is not project :). For example, we have
> >> clang@ for easily aggregating all clang-related build failures
> >> and other bugs but it isn't a formal team.
> >
> > As an incremental solution, what about a <watcher> tag in
> > metadata.xml with the same format as <maintainer> except that
> > being a watcher doesn't imply a willingness to *do* anything about
> > a project, it just means you want to be notified of changes and
> > added to the CC list.
>
> I'd given some thought to this as well, but didn't think it was a
> good idea.
>
> First, you can already create queries in bugzilla.

Not all package activity has an associated bugzilla entry, but maybe
enough of it does?

> Or, would it make more sense to find a way for anybody to follow
> issues in packages, assuming bugzilla queries aren't enough?

What about a <list> entry in metadata.xml that points people to the
suggested mailing list for discussing a package?  Bugzilla could
automatically add the list to its CC list, and both devs and non-devs
could join the list without adding a lot of email addresses to the
tree.

Cheers,
Trevor