On 31 October 2014 22:38, hasufell <hasuf...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Signs of his inability to collaborate in some situations have come up
> repeatedly on this list, be it problems with crossdev/multilib, games
> team and whatnot.
>
> Most of these were either ignored or had to go through a council
> decision. That's not really efficient and cannot work long term.
>
> Do we treat some developers differently? And does all this social status
> crap really improve collaboration overall?

And we lost more than one developer in the process because of that.
And guess what? After someone reaching out to me off list telling me
to, essentially, work around him or swallow it, I'm more convinced
than ever that either someone else (Council? QA? the Pope?) fixes
this, or I'll add myself to that list.

Seriously, he essentially has been ignoring me altogether *when I was
voted the freaking QA lead*.

(To be fair, huge thanks to Rich and Jer for their help here, it does
feel good to know that at least some of the colleagues do have my
back.)

Diego Elio Pettenò — Flameeyes
flamee...@flameeyes.eu — http://blog.flameeyes.eu/