On Thu, 11 Jun 2015 18:33:36 +0200
Ulrich Mueller <u...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> >> Maintainers can still use --force if there is no other way.
>
> > i'm definitely not convinced it is good practice to encourage people
> > to do that ;)
>
> People are strongly encouraged to update their ebuilds to a newer
> EAPI. ;) There are few EAPI 1 ebuilds left and the point is to prevent
> adding new ones accidentally.
>
> > also, it seems eapis-banned is not just about new ebuilds but also
> > when there happens to be an ancient ebuild in the same directory
>
> Yes, and that repoman behaves this way is the very reason why EAPIs
> 1 and 2 haven't been banned already one year ago. After all, this was
> a council decision:
> https://projects.gentoo.org/council/meeting-logs/20140225.txt

i agree, but what worries me is that you suddenly introduced repoman
errors for a bunch of packages for which there is no clear ETA on when
these can be fixed (i think qa policy is to not bump eapi in place)

this is not just about "fixing" a line in an ebuild, it is about proper
testing for stabilization and e.g. ocaml is definitely not a package
whose stabilization should be done lightly