On Sat, 10 Oct 2015 16:32:01 +0200
Kristian Fiskerstrand <k...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On 10/10/2015 04:30 PM, Rich Freeman wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 10:15 AM, hasufell <hasuf...@gentoo.org>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> Nevertheless, we'll try to continue, reduce public noise and keep
> >> the reviews useful.
> >>

> > Bugs would probably be helpful from the standpoint that they also
> > are a mechanism to keep track of whether the issue was corrected.
>
> I second this as well.
>

> > I don't think it is a bad thing if you wanted to publish the top-5
> > issues of the week/month/etc on the lists or something useful for
> > general education/improvement.  The key is to keep the general
> > relevance of the lists high.
>
> I'd also find a maintained FAQ on wiki of common issues useful; that
> would also serve the benefit of new developers (and ebuild
> contributors in general) to have a resource to read through. For that
> to be useful though it should have an explanation as to why it is
> wrong and how to correct it, and be reasonably ordered so that it is
> possible to reference a single issue from e.g. a separate review.
>
> - --
> Kristian Fiskerstrand
> Public PGP key 0xE3EDFAE3 at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net
> fpr:94CB AFDD 3034 5109 5618 35AA 0B7F 8B60 E3ED FAE3

+++

I too have had a few emails for commits.  I do not do a lot of
ebuild work, so being notified of a better way is not bad.  But, I did
not realize they were from a reviewers project.  So, any private emails
should be clearly identified as such.

I also agree that this list should not be used like it is for this.  I
know the massive amounts of replies has me mass moving them unread.
Like many other topics, they are largely ignored by those of us who
don't have 4 hours a day to read email.  This morning caught me in a
curious mood, so have read some of this thread.  At least up to this
reply, then probably ignore the rest again.

So, to that end, I fully support Rich's idea of a top-5 issues of the
week/month/...  It would be something I would read and not simply
ignore like most of the current emails of this type.  And no, I don't
have any filters set up in my email client, I prefer to do it manually,
but the shear volume of them lately has had me considering it.
- --
Brian Dolbec <dolsen>