On 11/02/2015 02:56 AM, Rich Freeman wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 1, 2015 at 8:22 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.dun...@cox.net> wrote:
>>  I know if I were still on rsync (or webrsync), I'd be raising hell about
>> the lack of
>> changelogs well before now
> Perhaps rather than raising hell you'd do better to raise money to
> hire an infra team to fix the bug or something.
Hire?
I'm still willing to fix things, if I were given access. And I would
presume that I'm not the only one.

But since I don't have access, and can only affect things by motivating
or upsetting people, we have a large mail thread that is mostly about
smug people being smug. Which confuses me since it's not Tuesday, but I
digress ...

> I get the frustration, but we only have a few people who have the
> necessary access to fix the problem.
So fix that.
>   Infra is also a difficult
> project to deal with in general because it is fairly closed due to the
> implications of having random people messing with it.  I don't really
> see anybody stepping up to try to change anything fundamental about it
> either.  This isn't the sort of thing that will get better if the
> council votes on something.

Yes, voting is not going to fix anything directly. So I didn't even
suggest it.

But one of the conditions for tolerating the git migration was that we
have no regressions.
Now it's about 3 months later and *basic* functionality is still
"Oopsiedaisy, I must have missed that"

Which is confusing me because ... uhm... didn't anyone ... test things?
Document? How can something be deployed that is obviously missing
features like this?

(And as a consequence, why doesn't it then get fixed in a reasonable time?)

But at least now we get some good information what is broken how, and
maybe someone can fix it. And then I won't have to be the stone in
people's shoe anymore ;)