On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 8:20 PM, Dale <rdalek1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I thought Gentoo was not depending on git/github either.

Take 5min and read the wikipedia articles on both git and github, please.

Gentoo is not going to depend on github, because of the social contract issues.

Gentoo absolutely does depend on git, and it is 100% FOSS.

If these statements seem contradictory, you really need to look up a
video on git 101/etc.  To be fair, I don't think you can truly use git
without first groking it, and you won't accomplish that until you
understand its data model.  Git is a terrific data model wrapped in a
mediocre command line utility.

--
Rich