Hi all!

We trying to use ldap for users @work, many of our workstations running binary gentoo based distro called Calculate linux. However if we wanna have wide use of ldap there is a need for determenistic system group gids names and user uids.

Many ebuilds in tree uses enewgroup and enewuser with -1 (aka next available parameter)[1]. However it will be much better to set distro wide deterministic uid and gid for system service name. So for example ldap users may have determenistic groups like video, audio, plugdev, etc..

[1] $ egrep '(enewgroup|enewuser)' * -R | awk -F '/' '{print $1 "/" $2}' | grep -v eclass | sort -u | wc -l
443
So there not so much gid uids needed

--
Best Regards,