On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 07:49:42AM +0300, Alexey Shvetsov wrote:
> Hi!
>
> Ok. Since there is GLEP27 we should make it reality. To do so i think we
> should
> 1. Have some list of system uid/gid (on wiki for example). Also we need
> to agree on uid/gid numbers for services
This database was already started, prior to GLEP27.
In CVS, you want gentoo-src/eid_database/

> 2. Add uid/gid from list to existing ebuilds

> 3. Make a repoman (or may be eclass) check, that will no allow to commit
> ebuilds with enewuser enewgroup calls with undefined uids
I think in the original discussion, there were concerns that there were
cases where this was going to be valid. I think this check needs to come
later, after we rule those out. It should however start to warn about
them ASAP.

> 4. Make some script or howto to migrate to determenistic uids/gids from
Much of the work was implemented for GSOC2006, "Creandus" by
developer pioto.

Cardoe did more work on it later on.

--
Robin Hugh Johnson
Gentoo Linux: Developer, Infrastructure Lead, Foundation Trustee