On 2016.01.21 17:45, Michał Górny wrote:
[snip]

> If I see a package that clearly doesn't build or otherwise simply
> doesn't work, could not have worked for past 3 years, are you forcing
> me to waste a time reporting a bug to no maintainer who could fix it?

[snip]
> --
> Best regards,
> Michał Górny
> <http://dev.gentoo.org/~mgorny/>

Michał

Your statement implies that there is an active search process for broken
packages.

I did not intend to imply that if you happened across a broken package with no
bugs,
you needed to raise a bug to remove it from the tree.

Actively building every package in the tree to discover candidates for removal
takes a lot more resources than searching bugs to identify potential candidates.

Its the old case of absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

--
Regards,

Roy Bamford
(Neddyseagoon) a member of