On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 18:45:20 +0100
Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Jan 2016 17:25:02 +0000
> Roy Bamford <neddyseag...@gentoo.org> wrote:
>
> > On 2016.01.21 16:53, William Hubbs wrote:
>  [...]
>  [...]
>  [...]
>  [...]
>  [...]
>  [...]
>  [...]
>  [...]
>  [...]
>  [...]
>  [...]
>  [...]
>  [...]
>  [...]
>  [...]
>  [...]
>  [...]
>  [...]
>  [...]
>  [...]
>  [...]
> >
> > There is no point in removing unmaintained but perfectly functional
> > software from the tree. It needs to be both unmaintained and
> > broken. Broken being evidenced by at least one open bug.
>
> That's nonsense. In fact, that's exactly the opposite of what should
> be removed.

So take the long standing President of the Board of Trustees who began
gentoo likely when you were still in school, peruse, and without
hesitation, with the opening line, declare the cited benchmark of
evidence as nonsense.

Sighs, and groans.

> If I see a package that clearly doesn't build or otherwise simply
> doesn't work, could not have worked for past 3 years, are you forcing
> me to waste a time reporting a bug to no maintainer who could fix it?

Surely no.

> Because to me, the lack of any open bugs is a clear evidence that
> the package is not only unmaintained, but also unused.

This is the way it really is, obviously. Well, to be fair; "Because to
me", so not quite. But I can't help being of the impression
that because you think so, it must in fact BE.

Happily, master Neddy being as capable as he is with management of such
expression, has already retorted to the description of his conclusion
as nonsense as, well, nonsense.

- --
kind regards

Ian Delaney