On Thu, Jun 30, 2016 at 8:38 AM, Michał Górny <mgo...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> So if you have some time, please reply to this thread with
> a specific /boot layout that you think needs to be handled, with
> as much helpful information as possible -- including possible
> distinctive features and pitfalls.

Standard "make install" layout with dracut and grub2:

/boot/vmlinuz-$KV{,.old}
/boot/config-$KV
/boot/System.map-${KV}
/boot/initramfs-$KV.img
/boot/grub/grub.cfg generated by grub2-mkconfig contains menu entries
for each pairing.

The other layout I use on my UEFI laptop is the typical systemd-boot
(gummiboot) layout, which you are probably familiar with. I don't use
dracut on that, so I'm not certain where the initramfs lives.