>> * scripts in FILESDIR: In some packages i found scripts which
>> doesn't get used by the ebuild, but is probably used for generating
>> patches/tarballs. Should i file a bugs about them as i though the
>> FILESDIR should be only used for patches. Wouldn't be
>> /etc/portage/scripts the perfect place for such scripts?

> If they're not used by the tree, they probably don't belong in the
> tree, but maybe I lack imagination. Can you give a few examples?

We had a review of such files before the git conversion:
https://bugs.gentoo.org/550434

Especially, there's a list of "maintainer scripts" in comment #13.
At the time, we didn't do anything about them. There are very few of
such files (namely, 12 when that comment was written) so the space
taken by them is negligible.

Ulrich