On 09/14/2016 09:50 AM, Alexis Ballier wrote:

> that might be better, but how do you map date / $PV to commit ?

Well, for that last one, I just looked down the list of commits and
found the last one that happened before the date of the snapshot.

But, if you're creating a new snapshot, it's easy. What day is it?
That's the date of the snapshot, and you want the newest commit.

> remember, we want ebuilds that are as much as possible
> version-agnostic, otherwise it breaks simple copy of ebuilds to bump a
> version...

With the COMMIT=... approach, all you have to do is copy the ebuild to a
new one with today's date, and update the COMMIT variable to the latest
commit listed on github.

There is the possibility that more than one commit can happen on the
same day, but that's a problem with snapshots in general, and not the
method of generating them.