On 09/19/2016 09:51 AM, Daniel Campbell wrote:
> On 09/14/2016 06:21 AM, Alexis Ballier wrote:
>> On Wed, 14 Sep 2016 08:45:58 -0400
>> Michael Orlitzky <m...@gentoo.org> wrote:

..

> Why are those ebuilds not live? If upstream doesn't do real releases and
> can't even be bothered to tag the commit that marks a release, then why
> are you (or someone else) doing all this work? The snapshot scripts
> could be replaced by a live ebuild and upstream can handle bugs as they
> come since they can't be bothered to version their software.

I would expect because live ebuilds can't be keyworded, so snapshot is
the correct way to do it.

That said; I'm not sure if it makes sense to include this sort of
scripts in the Gentoo tree instead of a separate git repo e.g for the
project.

--
Kristian Fiskerstrand
OpenPGP certificate reachable at hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net