> I don't have time nor the familiarity to properly maintain bitcoins
> myself.  Every time Luke wants to make a change, I get nothing but
> negative advice - what not to do, but not what to do.  If there were an
> unpopular package I would just drop it to maintainer-needed.  But do we
> really want a distro that doesn't provide bitcoins?

I suspect that it is because every time Luke wants to make a change, he
wants to push his patchset as default enabled on Gentoo while nobody seems
to be interested in this.

I will ignore all negative advice regarding this package unless it is
> balanced with positive advice.  Please point out what lines of the patch
> should be changed and what they should be changed to, else I will commit
> the patch as provided.

Simple, do the rename by all means but don't enable it by default.

Mathy