On 14-12-2017 14:41:17 +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
> W dniu czw, 14.12.2017 o godzinie 13∶56 +0100, użytkownik Fabian Groffen
> napisał:
> > On 14-12-2017 13:39:18 +0100, Michał Górny wrote:
> > >
> > > Maintainer-needed is reason enough. If somebody couldn't be bothered to
> > > maintain what he committed, why should we bother to list the issues?
> > >
> > > Using repoman and looking at CI mails is also a good idea.
> >
> > Obviously for me to learn something, I won't/can't use repoman here.  So
> > a pointer to said CI mails from the message of the QA commit would be
> > nice.
>
> Last I checked, I wasn't personally responsible for teaching people
> ebuild writing 101 while on phone. But here you go (in malformed paste
> of ebuild below).

You simply replied, and therefore took ownership from QA point of view.
I can't help it you do that whilst on the phone.  In fact, this is
email, so being on the phone is not a good reason to be vague and avoid
answering questions in the first place.

[snip issues]

Thanks, much appreciated.  I'm completely convinced now.  I'm referring
back to my earlier suggestion to include such list or the type of issues
found when a drastic commit like the one we discuss is done under the QA
flag.  It's good to know that the QA issue complaint was valid, and
improvements can be made.

A final suggestion is to talk to the committer before taking such
drastic actions, in a situation where our users aren't endangered.  As
this one is, in my opinion.
There is more problematic stuff in the tree, but teach a man to fish ...
next time the problems may be avoided.

Thanks,
Fabian

--