On 10/01/18 13:49, kuzetsa wrote:
> On 01/10/2018 05:57 AM, David Seifert wrote:

>>> Wow. I couldn't have said it better.
>>> Seems we're turning into an elitist club or something...
>>> I wonder how many users we're going to loose on this one. Well done
>>> council :-(
>>>
>> If your only reason to use Gentoo is because you can post to the main
>> developer ML, and not because we try to provide a great distribution
>> with lots of choice, a current toolchain and lots of customization,
>> then you're likely using the wrong distribution.
>>
> If development of a quality distribution which meets
> these goals requires thick skin, something is broken:
>
> I've never seen anything from the gentoo foundation
> which suggests that the gentoo developer mail list
> should be considered a safe space for disparaging
> remarks. Think of the messaging on this - for every
> 1 or 2 people who are willing to come forward to
> address these concerns, there are likely "not zero"
> who didn't want to deal with confrontation and the
> risk that rudeness and hostile behavior would be
> defended.

Your argument seems partially contradictory here, and I think the
interpretation may be muddled with language barriers for those
developers/users with English as a foreign language ...

Are you reinforcing the point [widely accepted by many whose heads
aren't in the proverbial sand[0]] that Gentoo is [or is becoming] an
elitist club, or condoning "bad behaviour" by both devs and non-devs on
the mailing lists....

Your final point, however, makes a lot of sense .. [1]

[0] - https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/head-in-the-sand
[1] - https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/keep+head+down