Hi,

On 27.01.2018 17:32, Michael Orlitzky wrote:
> If you do merge them, then it might be better to use flags for the
> different sub-packages rather than slots. There's no place to describe
> what a slot is for, but having a local USE=solar with a corresponding
> description in metadata.xml is (relatively) discoverable.

use flags work well if we make a single ebuild offering to install one
to all of these.  That would be natural if the goddard/13 source rpm
included files of constantine/12 and solar/11 as well and so on but it
doesn't seem to.  I would rather go with one ebuild per mayor release
number of Fedora: Needs less use flag configuration as well.

About slot names, if "12" is not good enough we could use

  11-solar
  12-constantine
  13-goddard
  14-laughlin
  15-lovelock
  16-verne

or so for SLOT to have a mapping to names?

Best

Sebastian