Hi Alec,

On 27.01.2018 22:58, Alec Warner wrote:
>     > I noticed that we have 7 packages on Fedora wallpapers with names that
>     > only explain themselves to Fedora insiders:
>
> So traditionally we follow upstream package naming. If we aim to
> deviate, I'd prefer we have strong reasons for it.

good point.

>     > I was thinking that we could merge these packages into a new package
>     > "x11-themes/fedora-backgrounds" or so with slots 11 to 16 so that people
>     > can still install them in parallel, get slot updates automatically,
>     > adding more recent ones does not add more packages, and the package name
>     > explains itself.
>
> Why not just make x11-themes/fedora-backgrounds, a metapackage that
> includes all of the packages?

With one file and use flags for each version or with one ebuild file per
slot?  Fedora 21 was the last release with a release name so if we
package 22+ later, their ebuilds would be non-meta in nature.  I'm not
sure how to blend that into the use-flag version (yet for a meta package
all these files seem overkill too).  Do you have some third option in mind?

Best

Sebastian