On Wednesday, 24 June 2020 20:03:57 CEST Michał Górny wrote:
> I think you're making the wrong assumption that Gentoo developers run
> bleeding edge systems.  Instead, many of them prefer running stable
> and avoiding anything even remotely problematic.

That's not a contradiction for stable systems where I am using py38 as default
today already, and if it leads to more stable requests (without me ending up
having to do it) then even better.

The lack of curiosity for one's own packages' python compatibility is not just
a py27 isolated issue, it was a big problem with py36 -> py37 with so many
devs simply not filing that necessary stabilisation.