> On Wed, Jun 24, 2020 at 11:29 AM Rich Freeman <ri...@gentoo.org> wrote:
> > Sure, you can use the portage API to find this info.  However, that is
> > as easy to do for a list of all impacted packages in the tree with
> > their maintainers as for any individual maintainer to obtain this info
> > for their own packages.

I'm appealing to a more proactive maintenance, not in search for excuses why
it is not like that. And ftr I don't mean trying to be "first!" on every
upstream version bump; it is just that the python topic has come up often
enough that it should have sparked individual head scratching at one point or
another.

> On Wednesday, 24 June 2020 20:40:58 CEST Alec Warner wrote:
> You say there is not a straightforward way, but then you say there is an
> api? :p

grep all the things! But hey, there's even external tools to help you get an
overview:

https://repology.org/maintainer/rich0%40gentoo.org

You're welcome.