On 2020-08-06 17:44, Michał Górny wrote:
> I'm not sure if you've noticed but there are people actively working
> towards removing stale news items and trying not to dump everything
> on once on a user freshly installing the system.  Don't you consider
> this a worthwhile goal?

I don't see how this is conflicting.

This news item can probably go away after 1-2 years.

But for now, people who were just lucky will probably trigger this when
upgrading to genkernel-4.1 on their first reboot due to switched device
manager.

But again: It's not a genkernel issue, so displaying that only for
people who have genkernel installed would miss a bunch of users.

--
Regards,
Thomas Deutschmann / Gentoo Linux Developer