On Mon, 2020-08-10 at 09:35 +0200, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
> > There are roughly 100 commits in the udev master branch since the date
> > of this sync:
> > https://github.com/systemd/systemd/commits/master/src/udev
>
> And what does this tell us? Commit count isn't very useful as a metric.

Yes, contributor count is a more important metric.  It helps us tell
the original project that has community from fork with a bus factor
of one.

> Do these commits fix any bugs that are still open in eudev? Do they add
> any important features?

We can fork any random project and claim that our fork is better because
we consider it feature complete.  Then we can freely claim that upstream
commits don't fix any real bugs, and new features aren't important.  If
you don't change anything, you don't break anything, right?

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny