On Tue, 2021-10-05 at 19:27 +0100, Sam James wrote:
> This is a preliminary version/draft of a proposed change to
> GLEP 68.
>
> I'd like to introduce a method for developers to signal anything
> special about a package and how to correctly maintain it.
>
> Sam James (1):
>   glep-0068: Add notes element for package maintenance instructions
>
>  glep-0068.rst | 26 +++++++++++++++++++++++---
>  1 file changed, 23 insertions(+), 3 deletions(-)

To be honest, I don't think adding it to metadata.xml is a good idea.
This is not something that's going to be machine-parseable,
and expecting people to look into metadata.xml to see if it's even
present is a bit much.

Maybe we could just add README files to the package directories
in question.  This would have the clear advantage that the files will be
immediately visible.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny