> Perhaps eventually it could/should be used for the whole file but as
> an interim/beginning there's no reason you couldn't start with
> comments:

> # [PREAMBLE]
> # Timestamp: 2023-09-21 15:07:42+00:00
> # Author: Arthur Zamarin <arthur...@gentoo.org>
> # Justification: Very broken, no idea why packaged, need to drop ASAP.
> #     The project is done with supporting this package.
> # Bugs: 667687, 667689
> # Packages: dev-lang/python
> dev-lang/python

And I thought my suggestion to use XML was far-fetched and an obvious
joke. :(

This seems rather restrictive, adds unnecessary redundancy, and would
make it hard to type an entry without the aid of special tools.

Also, there are other files like use.mask which probably shouldn't have
a completely different format. Their entries often have the author/date
line plus a one line comment which says all that is needed. Adding
massive header blocks there would be excessive.

IMHO Arthur's original proposal was fine. Let's not over-complicate
things.

Ulrich