On Mon, 2024-04-01 at 08:57 +0100, Eddie Chapman wrote:
> I stand by and reiterate my view that there is far too much of a cavalier
> attitude towards the matter in general out there including here in Gentoo.
> But not in particular here, it is everywhere where this is being discussed
> at the moment.

I would like to point out that the xz/sshd issue was primarily a social
one, not a technical one.

The primary problem in open source today isn't bad code.  It's projects
relying on overburdened, burned out maintainers.  And on top of that,
users who are complaining, demanding, outright hostile or primarily
contributing by walls of text on a mailing lists, that bring nothing to
discussion except for furthering the burnout of open source developers
who are actually trying to do something.

Think about that.

--
Best regards,
Michał Górny