Hi Eddie,

On 31/3/24 21:13, Eddie Chapman wrote:
At the moment there is far too much of
a cavalier attitude about the whole thing being shown by too many,
including here I'm sad to see.

It's obvious that this is something that you are very worried about, but I think that you need to take a deep breath and relax a little. I have not seen a cavalier attitude towards this issue.

What I see instead are developers who have made an initial assessment and disclosure, have taken some actions to mitigate the severity of the issue, and are carefully continuing their investigations (over a major holiday in large parts of the world) so that they can issue sane responses to actual threats, and not a knee-jerk response like 'Gentoo should re-encode all xzs in other formats' which, as was discussed above, adds significant complexity for no real benefit.

I've seen from your previous emails to the list that you know what paragraphs are and how to use them to break up your content into digestible chunks. Please continue using them - it makes it significantly easier to respond to your ideas and gives off an aura of professionalism that you will need if you want your concerns to be taken seriously and addressed directly.

Cheers,

Matt