If that’s working, it could at least be on an user personnal page on the wiki as well.

Le 04/04/2024 à 10:32, Sam James a écrit :
Eli Schwartz <eschwart...@gmail.com> writes:

On 4/3/24 11:30 AM, Eddie Chapman wrote:
Just to report I've been able to remove app-arch/xz-utils from my own
workstation, with 2412 packages installed and running kde. I'm going to
roll it out to my other gentoo systems which have a lot less stuff on them
so am confident will be fine. It's not completely trivial but not as
difficult as I imagined it to be, certainly something an advance Gentoo
user could do if they wanted, with instructions. It does involve a
relatively small hack and functionality previously provided by xz-utils is
replaced by app-arch/p7zip.

I'd just like to clarify my previous posts: what you're describing here
is neat and productive and valid to my eyes. Actually, I wish this had
been the topic of the *first* post in this thread. :)
Completely agreed. We just prefer shorter text and focusing on technical
changes.

This sounds fun!

[...]
thanks,