Sam James wrote:
> Eli Schwartz <eschwart...@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> On 4/3/24 11:30 AM, Eddie Chapman wrote:
>>
>>> Just to report I've been able to remove app-arch/xz-utils from my own
>>>  workstation, with 2412 packages installed and running kde. I'm going
>>> to roll it out to my other gentoo systems which have a lot less stuff
>>> on them so am confident will be fine. It's not completely trivial but
>>> not as difficult as I imagined it to be, certainly something an
>>> advance Gentoo user could do if they wanted, with instructions. It
>>> does involve a relatively small hack and functionality previously
>>> provided by xz-utils is replaced by app-arch/p7zip.
>>
>> I'd just like to clarify my previous posts: what you're describing here
>> is neat and productive and valid to my eyes. Actually, I wish this had
>> been the topic of the *first* post in this thread. :)
>
> Completely agreed. We just prefer shorter text and focusing on technical
> changes.
>
> This sounds fun!
>

>> [...]
>>

> thanks, sam

Well, I didn't think my first post was so bad, but OK, I'll take that
criticism onboard and in future will think more about how I bring
something to this list, and will take into account what you and Eli have
said. Thanks for sharing your thoughts above, both of you, in a
constructive way.

regards,
Eddie