On Monday 16 May 2005 3:49 pm, Christian Parpart wrote:
> On Monday 16 May 2005 3:29 pm, Eric Thibodeau wrote:
> > Hi Chrisitian,
> >
> >     You might want to take a look at the Linux kernel amilling list. One of
> > my friends had issues with his dual Xeon and 4Gigs of RAM. In his case,
> > Windows would claim to see the 4Gigs but would actually crassh when he
> > actually came to use more than 3...sounds fammiliar?
> >
> >     In Linux, he'd get a kernel panic on boot (2.6.x kernels)...after over 6
> > months of poking at forums and the LKML, his bug was officially received
> > as valid from the kernel gurus and eventually fixed....
> >
> > hope this helps a little in your investigation...
>
> Aiiii! doesn't sound that good, however, better having a bug from blocking
> me my 4th GB than a statement like "just just can't" :)
>
> I'm following the LKML not that long yet to have cought up your friends
> message, but I'll try a new thread then.

THANKS ALL!

The problem has been a misconfigured BIOS setup. Well, It was already
misconfigured as I received the machine by my local shop. However, setting
Memhole to "Software" has fixed this issue for good :-D

(Now I can start coding mem-eating apps ^o^)

Thanks,
Christian Parpart.

--
Netiquette: http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1855.txt
 03:32:44 up 54 days, 16:39,  0 users,  load average: 0.11, 0.07, 0.07