thanks for the advice, but that was the
directory that I checked for the drivers,
and those are the closest modules for my
hardware, yet the console came back with the
cannot locate module error, and I still have
no idea whats up with the autodetect and why
it freezes on scanning eth16i.

---- On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, brett holcomb
([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:

> Check out the /lib/modules/version
(version is the kernel
> version such as 2.4.20...) directory and
see if you can
> find any modules that look like they are
for your card and
> then do them manually.  Maybe they aren't
named what you

wrote:
> >and modprobe orinoco_pci.o, but they all
> >came back with the error message "modprobe
> >cannot locate the specified modules."  I
> >even tried modprobe and the entire path to
> >whicever module, but the same thing
> >happened.  I would really see what is wrong
> >with the autodetect though, and prefereably
> >use that as the means of installing kernel
> >modules, but if that is impossible, I would
> >then like to use modprobe.  Thanks alot.
> >

> >---- On Fri, 31 Jan 2003, Bruno Lustosa
> >([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
> >
> >> * Benjamin Lamothe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >[31-01-2003 15:06]: