OK.  I'm going to try to write a step-by-step how to
for enabling the most current Nvidia modules and glx
on a gentoo system.  Bear in mind -I STILL DON'T HAVE
IT WORKING ON MY SYSTEM- so I need some help, esp with
the "check if this step works" parts.

Before I start the parts I know, I have two questions;

-Are there any kernel configs that need to be made
before this will work?

-Are there any "USE" flags that need to be set or
unset?

This how-to assumes you have X properly configured and
functioning, with your XF86Config configured for you
mouse and monitor.  See the "Gentoo Linux Desktop
Configuration Guide" if you need to configure this.

Step One:  emerge nvidia-kernel
Check step one:  (dunno?  modprobe nvidia?)
Step Two: emerge nvidia-glx
Check step two: opengl-update nvidia (again, guessing
that this won't work if emerge nvidia-glx failed)
Step Three: edit XF6Config to load "glx" and use
driver "nvidia"
Check step three:  startx, you should get the Nvidia
splash screen if everything was done properly
Step Four:  Have NVdriver autoload at startup by
including it in /etc/modules.autoload.

What else?  I must be missing something...coz I can't
get mine to work.  What step is missing from the
above?  I'm *sure* others have had problems because of
old or incomplete docs, so please be as detailed as possible...