Hi,

On Sunday 16 February 2003 14:56, Ernie Schroder wrote:
> For the record, I have no problems with the nvidia driver loading when
> I start X. I am using 4191 series. But, I do see a boot message saying
> nvdriver failed to load. lsmod, before starting X confirms this. It
> loads fine upon "startx"

when he ('he' the X-server) complains about nvdriver, he don't try to load
4191 but 3123

>       My initial problem, however, remains. Probably due to my KT133 based
> motherboard, I am not able to use AGP, either as AGPGART or NvAGP. GL
> apps will hang the machine in 3 to 20 seconds. Any howto should either
> mention this, or, if someone has solved this problem, the solution
> should be noted.

Do you have AGPGART compiled into the kernel or as a modul?
Do you have DRI support compiled into your kernel or as a modul?
Has your card an own interrupt (assign irq to vga in bios)?
If not, do it... my system became more solid with an interrupt for the
graphics-card.
Do you have any bttv-related stuff in your computer?
Are you using SBA or Fastwrites?
Which kernel?
Have you read /usr/share/doc/nvidia-glx-1.0.4191-r1/README.gz?
Ever tried a newer bios for your mobo?

Glück Auf,
Volker