On Tue, 18 Feb 2003 09:28:18 -0500
Phil Barnett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Well, there's two points to make here.
>
> 1. It should be part of Gentoo, not some hack that I put together.

This is up to the developers to decide. it might be a good idea, but in the end their
decision.

> 2. The RH service script does a whole lot more than that, take a look, it's
> gpl...

gpl does not mean everybody must use it, only that if so desired it can be used.

Personally I have never used redhat so the service command is a non event in my life.
there are alot of things not included in gentoo that I have to add manually afterwards.

from an admin point of view ... I know everything is in /etc/init.d/ so service would
not
help my anyway since my fingers are used to typing /etc/init.d (with tab completion of
course)

Just my 5 cents worth .. at current exchange rate .. thats about 0.01 cent US

If you REALLY want the service included ... write an ebuild for it and submit it.
"emerge rh-service" and you can have it part of gentoo while other cannot care less
that it's not included.

Henti